Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ready for Africa

A few days ago I got an email from a friend of mine that I'll be staying with in Africa. As with most of his emails it was brief, candid, and to the point. It read:

I can't help but feel the same way. I've been training harder than ever for the past 3+ months specifically for this trip, not to mention all the hours compounded in the past years leading up to this. At this point there is nothing I can do that would make me any sronger. Some people have asked what I am planning on doing, or if I have specific goals. I do, but I'll spare you the ticklist for a more honest answer. I want to climb well and feel strong. I leave in one week on what will undoubtedly be a trip that I can't even wrap my head around, so I won't try. I'm excited to try my hardest, laugh, see new things, and soak everything in. And of course penguins.

That said I will try to stay connected and post small videos, pictures and other updates. This will be my last post here until we arrive, so if you are looking for updates between now and then let me shamelessly plug a few outlets where I will be constantly updating with photos and statuses.

@maxmoorephoto -Instagram and Twitter (I can assure lots of updates here, especially in the airports)
Max Moore Photography - The facebook page where I will be dumping all of the photos taken periodically throughout the trip.
And Max Moore on Vine if you're into that.

And if I don't hear from any of you :( then have a great summer!

-BLOCHEAD

1 comment:

  1. island peak climbing in Nepal ,Experience climbing hiring cost, experience and service. Our agency Mountain Air Guided provide you the best climbing Guide in Nepal for your climbing and travel holidays in Nepal.

    ReplyDelete