Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Best Monday Ever - Video

I am a cold weather seeker. I love the way my fingertips feel, the way the rock sticks. I love resting in a puffy and breathing in the fresh air.

By that description yesterday was opening day for me. Cloud cover, a slight breeze, and cool temps motivated me to spend the entire day outside bouldering. Before I knew it I had skipped lunch and logged a full 9-5 outside.

 I brought along my phone and made sure to get some video since I have been bad about that lately. I was able to send three projects yesterday making for one of my best days to date.

Three in a Day from BLOCHEAD on Vimeo.


The lines in the video (particularly Taurine and Red Wave) are maddening in their simplicity. I tried each an embarrassing amount of times before finally sending. It's funny to think about all the effort and emotion leading up to the send, but when you see the video it looks like easy. I assure you they are not. At least for me.

Stake Your Claim came down to an unorthodox foot beta that I have never done on a rock before. I will spare you the spray, but feel free to send me a message or leave a comment if you are looking for tips on this climb.

Hope you enjoy the video and I'll do my best to keep them coming.

-BLOCHEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment