Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mt. Charleston - Back to the Cave

Yesterday I headed back up to the cave with Craig. After the half hour approach we made it to the cave just before the sun fell over the ridge. It was hot and I needed time to cool down a bit. After a few minutes though I felt too excited to sit down. I set up the pads, put my shoes on and sent my project, Rough Rider, V9 first go. My fingers were numb by the time I finished but it was worth it.

Soon after Andrew showed up and began to warm up on the finishing moves his project, Goin' Postal, V10. Craig was psyched on one of the final lines yet to be done in the cave, a completely independent line to the far left that might be in the V12 range. We started a rotation and before long the sun had fallen and it was getting darker by the minute.

Craig works out a sequence by headlamp.

Andrew managed to fight through the pump and send Goin' Postal on his final go of the night, and Craig made huge links on his project. It has been great to climb with such motivated people and I always find myself psyched to return.

-BLOCHEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment